Google

"Sorry" *NOT*


In yet another case where McLaren is forced to look like bandwagon clowns (no complains there, makes for kick a$$ blogging), they have issued an apology. A bit too little too late in my opinion for Ferrari's still going to press charges in court despite the FIA closing the book on that chapter of spy saga. And an apology for what might you add? Well, apparently there was Ferrari things in the 08 McLaren's MP4-23!!!


Now I don't know about you but I'm still trying to sink this in. I never in a million years expected anything to be found and they will carry on with or without Ferrari data. I have been going on in my head about how nothing much would surface, oh McLaren would be cleared and stuff. I had thought that oh maybe the FIA found something but isn't so sure so that to buy time to further examine it, they pushed the meeting. But never this. And an apology from McLaren is the last thing I expected. For them to actually fess up, wow! Makes the words spinning out of their press releases sound absolutely, completely, idiotically dumb now, even more than before. BUT since when is a mere "sorry" enough? Not since kindergarten! Cuz you know what? The apology letter may have an "apologise" in it but with a plead and reasoning to get themselves out of trouble. So much for an apology… And for the FIA dose of rant: F**k the FIA. Look I personally am not exactly the FIA’s biggest fan. And to me, they’re known as III. Well you all know what that means. Since they always hold the importance of everything but of what MUST be done in the name of fairness and right, it makes them look like “shameless hypocrites devoid of any integrity.” Money matters more to them than anything else, not that it doesn’t in the world, but at least have a degree of fairness, justice and consistency. Ooops, I just asked for the sky!

Here's what you can gather from the so called "apology"
1. There were items from Ferrari on the Mp4-23 (among others the quickshift, fast fill and CO2 as a tyre gas).
2. They are just trying to avoid a fine. Pathetic.
3. McLaren figured it's safer to drop this now to save their reputation before it becomes a distant story which in terms will damage their "money making" ability.
4. And most importantly, THEY ARE NOT SORRY.


If McLaren wouldn’t be punished for having Ferrari material in their 08 car, I don’t know what to think. I am right now already honestly at a lost of words but I can say, for those that think the FIA and Max Mosley is in Ferrari’s pocket, well they ain’t. All year round, the FIA have been in favor of McLaren and Mad Max is pushing for the FIA to close the book on this one. Thus letting McLaren walk away. And why in the world is it Martin Whitmarsh signing the letter and not RD? Shouldn't it be Ron's job to do so? Well all I know now is, I vote for Marty to take over RD's job!


*Note that this comes at the heels of Mutua Madrilena saying "adios" to McLaren. Mclaren are already in a bit of a financial situation. Can Banco Santander be next to pull out? Vodafone?

0 comments: